Morecambe fishing boats "Connie Baxter" LR 22 and "Nance" LR 181 in Maryport Harbour
Keith Willacy collection
Morecambe fishing boats “Connie Baxter” LR 22 and “Nance” LR 181 in Maryport Harbour, winter 1959. “Connie Baxter” was registered at Lancaster as LR 22 and was built by Crossfields of Arnside in 1917, for owner/skipper Samuel Baxter. She had an overall length of 31ft 8in., a beam of 10 ft and weighed 8.9 tons. She was smack rigged with a mainsail, topsail, jib and staysail and had an auxiliary motor with a crew of two or three. “Nance” was registered at Lancaster as LR 181 and was built by Crossfields of Arnside in 1917, for Percy Baxter of Morecambe. She had a mainsail, foresail, topsail and jib with a partially covered deck. She was 33ft 3in overall with a beam of 10ft 4in and weighed 10.54 tons, with a crew of two.