Fanny LR 4, hauling her nets in the Black Buoy Hollow
Keith Willacy collection
“Fanny” LR 4, hauling her nets in the Black Buoy Hollow. “Fanny” registered at Lancaster as LR 4 on inside moorings for a spring paint up. “Fanny ” was built by Crossfields of Arnside, 1912 for David Willacy, being 28 feet overall with a beam of 9 feet 6 inches, weighing 6.56 tons. She had a motor and was rigged with a mainsail, foresail, jib and a gaff topsail, and with a crew of two. Later owned by Reuben Willacy and then Gilbert Willacy.